Guide to Irrigation and Sprinkler Systems in Tulsa
Landscape maintenance will help beautify the exterior of your home and improve its value if you try to sell it. It involves a number of activities including irrigation, weed control, fertilizing, mowing, pest control and much more. Adequate irrigation is a must. By installing an irrigation system you insure that your grass will look green, healthy and attractive. So, what is the best way to set-up irrigation on your lawn in Tulsa?
Without doubt, installing a sprinkler system is the surest way to irrigate your lawn all year round without any hassles. Automatic sprinkler systems in Tulsa will help you a lot in this regard. Apart from that, they will also ensure that you conserve water as you take care of your landscape and extended the life of your plants. In fact, a high-end Tulsa sprinkler system is one of the best investments you can ever make for your home. - Affordable Irrigation Tulsa
Not all sprinklers are the same. That is the key reason why working with a professional irrigation contractor is the best way to find out which sprinkler system will suit your lawn. Factors such as weather conditions, plants, soil type, pressure, water source and much more will determine the type of Tulsa sprinkler system that will take care of your landscape irrigation requirements.
Here are several tips on irrigation and sprinkler systems.
- Regularly clean your sprinkler heads and clogged nozzles to reduce chances of blockage.
- Develop a habit of opening the main valve slowly to reduce the chances of damaging the sprinkler heads.
- Use rain sensors that are designed to turn off your sprinkler systems off when it starts raining and turns the back on when the rain disappears. Mount them in an open area where they are not blocked by any structures or by falling leaves.
- Adjust your sprinklers so that they only water your lawn and not the pavement or sidewalk.
- Place your sprinklers in an open area where they won’t will not be blocked by structures, plants or other material.
- Inspect your sprinklers regularly so that you can detect and repair damaged piping or sprinkler heads.
- Ensure your sprinkler system is inspected by a certified professional to ensure it runs without a hitch.
- Measure the amount of water that your sprinklers spray by using coffee cans so that you can be able to set the right amount required for your plants. If you are not careful, you might end up spraying excess water on your plants, killing them.
- Measure the moisture penetration in your lawn to find out more about its moisture quantity.
- Place your sprinklers in such a way that they water the bottom of the roots of your plants.
- When you are irrigating a sloppy area, run your sprinklers for a while then stop. Wait for two to three hours and then run the sprinklers again to promote infiltration.
- Run your sprinklers in the morning because this is when irrigation can be done with much efficiency. When you run your sprinklers during the day, actors such as wind speed and evaporation will affect the irrigation process.
- Check on your sprinklers regularly to ensure they are operating as required.
- Go for a sprinkler system that can be easily upgraded so that it can also suit your needs in the future.
- Adjust your sprinkler heads as grass grown in your lawn they don’t interfere with the spraying pattern.
- During summer days when the temperature goes beyond 90 F ensure that you run your sprinklers for at least 10 minutes in the afternoon to minimize the chances of summer patch disease.
- Before installing any Tulsa sprinkler system, ensure your plants are grouped according to their water requirements. Group those that require a lot of water together and those that require less water together. This will minimize the chances of over watering some plants.
- Know how to operate your irrigation system and switch watering times.
- Change irrigation times and the duration of watering depending on the weather conditions.
- Ensure you irrigate areas in the shade less than those in sunny areas.
Are Sprinkler Systems Worth Purchasing?
Well, if you have been struggling with watering your lawn or are tired of paying the ridiculously high water bills, it's time to invest in sprinkler or irrigation system and implementing the tips that you have learned in this article. Contact Tulsa’s premier irrigation and sprinkler systems company, Affordable Irrigation Tulsa today for questions or free estimaets for your property at (918) 720-3257
The list of tags is empty.